Monday, October 3, 2011

Announcing My New Practice

I am proud to announce that I have now opened my own practice, in assocation with the lawyers of Swanick & Associates, in Don Mills.  For any employees or employers in Toronto or York Region (or further afield but willing to make the commute) who require or might require a lawyer's assistance, I encourage you to contact me for detailed information on services and pricing.  (See the disclaimer at the bottom of this post before emailing.)

Services include (but aren't limited to)...

For employers:
  • Wrongful dismissal defence
  • Dismissal consultations
  • Defending proceedings before the Human Rights Tribunal, the Ontario Labour Relations Board, and others
  • Labour Arbitrations
  • Policy development and consultations (including Bill 168 compliance, for those employers who still haven't caught up)
  • Drafting of employment contracts
  • Collective agreement consultations

I am a firm believer in the "a stitch in time saves nine" approach to labour and employment law - with good proactive advice up front, you can often limit your liabilities and significantly reduce legal expenses.  Good written employment contracts and policies, implemented correctly, can add a lot of value.

For non-unionized employees:

  • Wrongful dismissal consultations and litigation
  • Constructive dismissal consultations
  • Proceedings before the Human Rights Tribunal, the Ontario Labour Relations Board, and others

If you've been fired or mistreated by your employer, it often feels like a betrayal, and can be so stressful and demoralizing that it's hard to face the situation.  I can help you understand your rights and - if necessary - pursue them.  Where money is stretched thin, as it often is in these situations, I may be prepared to discuss alternative billing arrangements.

*****

This blog is not intended to, and does not, provide legal advice to any person in respect of any particular legal issue, and does not create a solicitor-client relationship with any readers, but rather provides general legal information. If you have a legal issue or possible legal issue, contact a lawyer.

While this post advertises legal services, I make no guarantees that I will be able to take on your file.  Until and unless I agree to be retained,  I am not your lawyer.  Please do not send confidential information in an initial email to me.  Further, if you do not receive a response to an email in a timely fashion, assume that I have not received said email.

No comments:

Post a Comment